Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mary Maloney's Diary Entry

Dear Diary,

I am now feeling a mixture of feelings-sad, scared and relieved. I can't believe I murdered my own husband! But I can't help it as he actually said he wanted a divorce with me when I was pregnant! Furthermore, I had served him faithfully and devotedly and he actually said he wanted a divorce with me! Though that, I must admit that I still feel a little sad for my husband as we had been together for so long. But whatever I am thinking right now will not change this whole incident. After all, I can't rewind time...
Around 5 pm when Patrick was drinking his whiskey after he returned home, he actually told me that he wanted a divorce but offered to give me alimony. At that time, I refused to believe what he said and went to cook a leg of lamb for supper. However, I had no choice but to face the truth as when I carried the leg of lamb upstairs, he told me not to make supper and said that he was going out. Apparently, he did not appreciate what I had done for him. At that point of time, I was very angry and without a seccond thought, I hit him with the leg of lamb. To my utter shock, I actually killed him! Immediately, I thought of a plan. After that, I went to Sam's grocery shop and pretended to buy ingredients to cook supper for Patrick. In this way, I can make use of Sam as an alibi. When I went home, I called the detectives, who are Patrick's friends, and told them a lie. I cried and pretended not to know about this murder. Later part, I got them to eat the leg of lamb which is the evidence!
Although I had escaped arrest today, I know that I can never lead a peaceful life forever. I must continue to act as I know that justice will catch up with me one day.

1 comment: