Saturday, February 27, 2010

Script of Lamb to the Slaughter(Part 2)

Tay Wei Sheng: Sam the Grocer (s)
Soh Zheng Yang: Mary Maloney (mm)
Chua Man Chin: Mary Maloney’s mind (mm mind)
Andy Low: Narrator (n)
De Wei: Person on the phone (p)
Lek Hong: Scriptwriter and Patrick Maloney’s corpse (pm)
Props used: A rolled up newspaper (leg of the lamb) and Zheng Yang’s and De Wei’s handphones (for calling police) and a box (for oven) and a coat (Mary’s), plastic bag with some stones inside.(grocery)
Places: Living room, kitchen, bedroom, grocery shop

Living Room~
(n): The Living Room Scene
(pm): *waver slightly and collapses onto the ground*
(mm):*shocked expression and drops leg of the lamb*
(mm mind): So I killed him. What do I do? The penalty’s fine, in fact, it’ll be a relief. But what about the child? What will they to do women with an unborn child? Will they kill us both? Or will they wait until the tenth month? * then she walks away to the kitchen*

Kitchen~
(n): The Kitchen Scene
(n): it was extraordinary how clear her mind was after murdering her husband, as Mary Maloney shoved the leg of lamb into the oven. She wasted no time and runs to the room.
(mm): *shoves lamb into oven and pretends to turn ‘knob’ and shakes her head vigorously and runs to room*

Room~
(n): The Bedroom Scene
(n): Mary Maloney sat at her dressing corner and tried to tidy up and look presentable. She attempted a smile. It looked peculiar. She smiled again.
(mm): Hello Sam! *smiles brightly* I’d like some potatoes and… yes, I think a can of peas. Thank you. *curls hair and smiles and leaves the room, grabbing her coat* (walks out of classroom)
(n): Mary Maloney takes one last look at her husband and leaves for the grocery shop.

Grocery Shop~
(n): The Grocery Shop Scene
(n): As Mary Maloney enters the grocery shop, she meets Sam, the grocer.
(mm)(walks to the classroom): Hello, Sam!
(s): Good evening, Mrs Maloney! How may I help you?
(mm): Yes, I’d like some potatoes please…yes, and I think a can of peas. Patrick’s decided that he’s too tired to eat out tonight, and now he’s caught me without vegetables. We usually eat out on Thursdays, you see.
(s): Oh, I see. Then how about meat, Mrs Maloney?
(mm): Oh I’ve got meat. I’ve got a nice leg of lamb out of the freezer. I don’t know much about cooking it frozen though, but I’m taking a chance on it this time. Do you think it’ll be all right?
(s): Personally, I don’t think it makes any difference. Would you like these Idaho potatoes?
(mm): Yes, two of those please.
(s): Okay, then how about afterwards? What are you going to give him for dessert?
(mm): Well, what would you suggest, Sam?
(s): Hmm… How about a nice big slice of cheesecake? I know Patrick likes that.
(mm): Perfect. He’ll love it.
(s):*places stones in the plastic bag* All right, thank you and have a good evening, Mrs Maloney.
(mm): Thank you! And goodnight Sam! *smiles and leaves*
Walking Home~
(n): As Mrs Maloney walks home with her grocery, she prepares herself.
(mm mind): All I’m doing now is returning to my husband, who is waiting for his supper. And I must cook it good, as tasty as possible, because he’s terribly tired. And if I enter the house, I shouldn’t find anything unusual, or tragic or terrible, and naturally, it would be a shock.

Living Room~
(n): As Mary entered the house, she saw her husband and was overcome with grief and horror. Mind you, she wasn’t expecting to find anything, she was just returning home with her groceries.
(mm): *shocked and rushes to her husband’s side and kneels down, trying to wake him up as she cries* Patrick darling, are you all right? Wake up! Speak to me!
(n): Immediately, she fishes out her handphone and dials ‘999’.
(mm): *immediately takes out phone from pocket and dial ‘999’ and waits for a while*
(p): Hello? Who is this speaking?
(mm): Quick! Come quick! Patrick’s dead! This is Mary Maloney!
(p): What happened? Who’s dead? Are you sure?
(mm): I think so! I came back home from the grocery shop and he’s dead! My husband, Patrick Maloney! I don’t know how it happened! Come quick!
(p): Rest assured, we’re on our way. Stay there and do not move, Mrs Maloney.

~END~

No comments:

Post a Comment